Broker fleet has substantial impact
I met plenty of leasing brokers enjoying a night out at the FN50 – including those on my table kindly hosted by Fleet Procure. But bumping into Synergy’s Paul Parkinson gave me the best perspective on the night. “The broker fleet is over 400,000,” said Paul. “If brokers were a funder that would put us top of the FN50.” It was a salient, well-observed point. We’ve analysed it in more detail in our lead story.
The charitable kindness of brokers
Apart from the influence on the fleet sector, the other thing that amazes me about many leasing brokers is the amount of charity work that goes on. This week we have two stories, one from Fleet Alliance about helping the disadvantaged in Glasgow and the second on Skyfleet’s aid to help Ukraine. It’s fantastic work. Thank you both.
Ralph Morton, editor
Key stories this week
- Broker fleet outguns top of the FN50 – read the story here.
- KeyFleet named SME Business of the Year – story here.
- Fleet Alliance backs G20 Works youth project – read about it here.
- Fiesta’s last hurrah as VW continues volume slide – find out more here.
- Skyfleet’s Paul Isaacs continues vehicle deliveries to Ukraine – read the story here.
- Unknown broker funder raises question marks at FN50 – read the story here.
- Read the full Broker News Newsletter 08 November 2022 here.
Paul Bulloch’s Concept Vehicle Leasing brokerage celebrated 21 years in the business with a lunch at Denbie’s Vineyard
Microleasing – more akin to short-term rental – is a more flexible product than car subscription or long-term leasing.
The Broker News Awards open for entry next week. The entry window will be open for two weeks – here’s how to enter and top tips
Ralph Morton is the leading journalist in the leasing broker sector and editor of Broker News, the website which provides information and news for BVRLA-registered leasing brokers. He also writes extensively on the fleet and leasing market in both the UK and Europe.