Growing interest in broker channel
Whatever the talk might be of OEMs going agency and sidestepping the broker channel, what’s clear is that the broker market continues to attract significant attention. As we pointed out last week – and included again in this week’s newsletter – the broker fleet outguns the top of the FN50. And now we have Lookers investing half a million in the channel, and Stellantis funder Free2move Lease gearing up for an expanded broker role with the appointment of Matt Dawson. Bring it on – it’s terrific to see such interest in this vibrant sector.
Get ready for Broker News+
Broker News is expanding its coverage of the sector with greater insights and deep-dives in the broker market to broaden understanding of trends in the sector. It’s part of our investment in the leasing broker world. So while Broker News will continue to be free to air, Broker News+ will require a modest subscription to read the stories. We’re excited to bring you this new development and looking forward to your reaction to this brand new section.
Ralph Morton, editor
Key stories this week
- Lookers invests £500k in centralised broker portal – read the story here.
- Alan Carreras leaves Bridle – story here.
- Free2move Lease appoints Matt Dawson for bigger broker push – read about it here.
- Fleet Alliance launches #ElectricCarsAreForEveryone salsac campaign – find out more here.
- Ex-LeasePlan execs launch end of lease damage assessment tool – read the story here.
- BCF Wessex updates Gensen software – read the story here.
- Read the full Broker News Newsletter 15 November 2022 here.
The Broker News Awards are returning in 2024. Here’s what you need to know about entries and attending the event
One of the UK’s largest car finance brokers, CarMoney, is launching a new franchise model to help it expand
Ralph Morton is the leading journalist in the leasing broker sector and editor of Broker News, the website which provides information and news for BVRLA-registered leasing brokers. He also writes extensively on the fleet and leasing market in both the UK and Europe.