LEASING brokers should be aware of official advice for customers taking a leased car abroad after Brexit Day (January 31, 2020).

This is the official day the UK withdraws from the EU, although there then follows a transition period until December 31, 2020. 

The AA says the key requirements are:

  • A VE 103B certificate
  • A green card for insurance
  • An international Driving Permit (a different type maybe required depending on the destination)
  • A Crit’Air windscreen sticker for certain areas in France – see Green-Zones.eu for other countries which require similar
  • To display an old-style GB sticker even if the number plate features an EU flag

An AA spokesperson told Broker News:

“We know this involves some extra admin for drivers, but the advice is ‘better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it’. We are following government advice. It’s about being safe and having the correct paperwork should it be required.”

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment