CONGRATULATIONS to Mike Thompson, the Leasing Options chief operating officer, who has accepted a request to join the BVRLA Leasing Broker Committee.
The Manchester-based leasing broker has been a committee member in the past and Mike said he was delighted that Leasing Options would be represented on the Committee again and help drive discussion and best practice through the leasing broker industry.
We intend to represent all members as we have small businesses within our business as ARs, as well as our main Leasing Options business. This we hope will ensure we can give a strong and balanced view and voice. We want to share our expert knowledge and insight to provide the right information for the BVRLA to lobby relevant government bodies and organisations to the benefit of all BVRLA members.Mike Thompson, chief operating officer, Leasing Options
Shashi Maharaj, legal and membership director of the BVRLA added:
We are delighted to have Leasing Options back within our Leasing Broker Committee, bringing the views of another established and trusted business to the table. Mike has a positive, creative and forward-thinking mentality aligned with great industry insight and knowledge thanks to his position at Leasing Options. We are sure with his experience dealing at a high level with funders, lease companies and manufacturers from within our industry, he can be an asset to the BVRLA and its members and move the industry forward.
The BVRLA Leasing Broker Committee meets four times a year. Its next meeting is scheduled for March.
Other members of the Committee are:
- Paul Parkinson – chair, Synergy Car Leasing
- Alan Carreras – vice chair, Bridle Group
- Andy Chatwin, ALD Automotive
- Chris Swallow, Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions
- Graham Conway, Select Car Leasing
- Keith Hawes, Nationwide Vehicle Contracts
- Lee Duerden, XLCR Vehicle Management
- Lynette Randall, Alpha Contracts Leasing
- Martin Brown, Fleet Alliance
- Mike Thompson, LeasePlan
- Paul Bulloch, Concept Vehicle Leasing
- Richard Chadwick, Alphabet
- Rod Lloyd, Low Cost Vans
- Spencer Blake, Wessex Fleet Solutions
- Stephen Greenstreet, Greenfleets
- Steve Cocks, Lex Autolease
- Todd Williams, Arval
- Vince Pemberton, Rivervale Cars
Highlighted funders are also funder partners of Broker News.
Ralph Morton is the leading journalist in the leasing broker sector and editor of Broker News, the website which provides information and news for BVRLA-registered leasing brokers. He also writes extensively on the fleet and leasing market in both the UK and Europe.