- Lee Jones, FleetProcure, explains the company’s rocket-like growth at the recent conference and awards
FLEET Procure has announced a 200% sales increase year-on-year.
The broker/dealer vehicle purchasing system finished 2021 with 18,000 units going through the system thanks to the 27 leasing brokers (including the Bridle Group) and 196 dealers signed up to the platform.
The massive increase from the 6000 units in 2020 came despite the well-documented squeeze on vehicle availability as more leasing brokers made use of the vehicle build and order system, with an additional nine leasing brokers added in 2021.
Of the 18,000 units, 80% were funded via leasing companies working in the broker channel, while the remaining 20% was through OEM captive finance houses.
LeasePlan was the top funder with 3260 units, followed by Lex Autolease on 2777 and Arval on 1394.
It was a breakneck year for us in terms of growth and evolution of the platform. We were advancing on all fronts and in particular we increased the number of vehicle manufacturers who engaged with us directly.Lee Jones, managing director and founder, FleetProcure
Of the 18,000 vehicles ordered, 20% were EVs, while one in five was a light commercial vehicle. But the real surprise was the strength of EV demand, in part thanks to Hyundai’s focused supply, which helped the company become the fastest growing brand in True Fleet.
The best-selling car on the FleetProcure platform was the Hyundai Kona Electric 150kW Premium 64kWh, while the best-selling model range was the Volkswagen ID.3. The Ford Transit Custom topped the LCV charts.
Lee said that he expected volume in 2022 to increase again to 20,000 units, with an uptick expected in H2 as vehicle availability eased, moving up to 25,000 in 2023 as supply improves to a goal of 30,000 by 2024.
For 2022 FleetProcure was only looking to take on a maximum of three more leasing brokers. Lee said:
We look to offer a fully account managed relationship with the brokers while maintaining a degree of exclusivity to the membership of FleetProcure, hence we have capped the number of brokers to 30 until the end of 2022 to ensure we can provide the necessary support while also ensuring that the reduced vehicle availability for this year is not spread too thinly.
Ralph Morton is the leading journalist in the leasing broker sector and editor of Broker News, the website which provides information and news for BVRLA-registered leasing brokers. He also writes extensively on the fleet and leasing market in both the UK and Europe.