BVRLA Leasing Broker Conference success
THE latest broker conference was expertly presented by committee chair and Synergy boss Paul Parkinson with energy and expertise. Full of great content, brokers took away a lot of useful information. So congrats to the BVRLA and organisers for an excellent event. We’ve got extensive coverage of the main points in this week’s newsletter.
ALD-LeasePlan merger hits road bump
The planned creation of super-leaseco ALD-LeasePlan has hit a potential road bump in the form of the UK’s competition watchdog the CMA. It’s unlikely to unhitch the merger altogether but places a cloud over the UK’s position.
Ralph Morton, editor
Key stories this week
- Consumer Duty: Just get a plan by the end of October! – read the story here.
- SME fleet brokers in best position for agency model – story here.
- BVRLA appoints Amanda Brandon as new director of member engagement – read about it here.
- Conference: broker fleet at record levels – find out more here.
- Samantha Ward is Vandirect’s new managing director – read the story here.
- Read the full Broker News Newsletter 11 October here.
The Broker News Awards are returning in 2024. Here’s what you need to know about entries and attending the event
One of the UK’s largest car finance brokers, CarMoney, is launching a new franchise model to help it expand
Ralph Morton is the leading journalist in the leasing broker sector and editor of Broker News, the website which provides information and news for BVRLA-registered leasing brokers. He also writes extensively on the fleet and leasing market in both the UK and Europe.